The Luxembourg Sustainable Finance Initiative (« LSFI »), acting as data controller, complies with the relevant regulation on data protection (the General Data Protection Regulation EU 2016/679 (“GDPR”).
The LSFI uses your personal data to provide you with a better experience and ensure that the initiatives, activities, and events we send you adapt to your preferences. We are committed to protecting and processing your personal data following relevant data protection legislation and good data processing practices.
This privacy notice explains what data is collected on the website of the LSFI (www.lsfi.lu), when LSFI sends communications and invitations, when you register to one of the LSFI activities, the purpose for which these data are collected and how these data are processed.
Point of contact for the processing of your data:
LSFI – 12, rue Erasme, L-1468 Luxembourg
Data collected by the LSFI
For the purposes mentioned in this privacy notice, the LSFI may collect the following personal data:
- Basic identification information such as your name, email address and country.
- Professional information such as your job title and company.
- Your preferences regarding LSFI’s activities.
- Your fields of interest regarding sustainable finance.
- Information on how you receive and follow our newsletter or marketing emails (e.g., articles clicked or opening rate).
- Pictures taken at LSFI events and other meetings.
Purposes of data collection and processing
Personal data will only be processed and collected by the LSFI to be able to perform statistical processing (e.g.,visitors statistics and analytics) and carry out email campaigns (e.g., if you subscribe to LSFI’s newsletter or to receive LSFI events invitations) always intending to enhance our activities in line with our mission and action plan.
How is the data collected and processed
- Information you input when registering to our database through our dedicated registration form is collected in Mailchimp. We work with Mailchimp to send newsletters, key announcements and invitations.
- Information that you automatically provide when you open our emails, invitations and newsletters and that is processed by MailChimp. More information on Mailchimp’s private policy here.
- Personal data when you apply online for employment and that is collected via email: please refer to the Human Resources and Recruitment section at the end of this policy.
Your information will be shared internally to manage our activities. This includes all staff members of the LSFI.
The LSFI does not share your data with third parties. Only when a co-organised activity or event occurs, the LSFI may share your data with the relevant partner; the data transmitted on that occasion would strictly be used only to develop that activity.
Retention period of the personal data
The information you have shared with the LSFI will not be used for any other purpose and will not be stored in our systems beyond the time necessary to achieve the objectives stated above and always complying with the limitations established by the law.
In accordance with the amended law of 2 August 2002, you have the right to access, modify or oppose any processing of your personal data. To make use of these rights, you can contact the LSFI at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
We use the cookies for the following purpose:
- Calculate how many visitors we have
- Calculate How long visitors stay on our site
- Identify Most visited pages
- View the profile of the visitors in terms of location
- Collect performance of particular pages to analyse the impact of our activities and projects
Human Resources and Recruitment
When applying for a job at the LSFI you submit your data via email. Such data includes, amongst others, your name, address, phone number, email address, experience, education, diplomas, job skills and other information on your curriculum vitae (CV) and/or your cover letter. The LSFI uses such data solely to consider your candidacy for employment, to communicate with you and generate related correspondence, including offer letters and employment agreements. We retain such data for a period of one year to ensure the transparency of the recruitment process. We would only keep it for a longer period if the applicant requests that we do so.
Amendments to this privacy notice
The LSFI reserves the right to amend this privacy notice from time to time to reflect changes in the law, our data collection and used practices, and to ensure it is accurate, complete and up to date.
Date: May 2023