Europe has embarked on a very ambitious and comprehensive strategy for financing the transition to a sustainable economy. Asset managers and mutual funds marketed to European investors fall in the scope of the Sustainable Finance Disclosure Regulation (SFDR) and Taxonomy Regulation. What will be discussed:
- Key milestones in 2022
- Impact on the fund legal documentation
- Organisational requirements for asset managers and management companies
- Likely impact on annual reports from 1 January 2022
- ESG data exchange between asset managers and distributors: is the European ESG template (EET) the solution?
- Draft SFDR templates and draft RTS on taxonomy-aligned disclosures